Skip to content
12 STEPS TO SUCCESS IN SOCIAL MEDIA
- RESEARCH AND KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE – Use Google Analytics to see what are your best-performing articles.
- PICK YOUR SOCIAL PLATFORMS – There are only so many hours in a day, pick your battles.
- PICK YOUR KPI – Unique Visits, Bounce Rates, Page Views, Social Sharing. Leads, Sales are just a few you can use.
- WRITE A SOCIAL MEDIA PLAYBOOK – Make your plan but make sure to review it every quarter and adjust it as needed.
- ALIGN YOUR COMPANY AROUND YOUR PLAN – Make it all transparent for all companies so everyone is accountable.
- SCHEDULE AN HOUR EACH WEEK TO SCHEDULE POSTS – When you hear breaking news in your industry, might be a good idea to adjust your schedule.
- CREATE A CONTENT BANK – Use Ever note or Wunderlist to keep track as it syncs all platforms and you can also easily share with others to get success on social media.
- POST RELEVANT CONTENT – Use Google Alerts to get the latest news.
- TREAT ALL SOCIAL CHANNELS SEPARATELY – Also remember that each site has different ideal image sizes.
- ASSIGN SOMEONE AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE – This just depends on your company structure and resources.
- REPORTING – A monthly report is fine for most companies to analyze their position.
- REANALYZE – When A/B testing, make sure your content sticks with your overall marketing goals.